Finished setting up my RM's - SD here I come!

Rotlex

Well, I have finally finished my week of testing for RM’s, and am seriously looking forward to my 9 days of SD! (I can’t believe I’m actually saying that as a week ago I couldn’t imagine being out of the gym for that long, LOL).
Anyway, I think things went pretty well, and have decided on the following routine for my first 6-8 week cycle of HST. Once I get started, on the 14th of this month, I’ll be doing a 3 day full body, Mon, Wed, Fri and 3 day AB\Cardio setup. Abs and cardio being done on Tue, Thur, and Saturday. I’ll be doing 2 weeks of 15’s, 2 weeks of 10’s and 2 week’s of 5’s. As I don’t train with a partner, I’m still trying to figure out what I’ll be doing after week 6. As it falls, that will be the week of Christmas anyway, and I may just take another SD week and enjoy the holidays. If not, I’m thinking of doing another week of 5’s, and maybe a week of drop sets. Anyhow, here are my chosen exercises:
Barbell squat
Leg curls
Leg press
Bench
Dips
Chin ups
Bent over rows
Shoulder press
Barbell shrugs
Lateral raise (rear)
Dumbell curls
Skullcrushers (Possible alternate with pushdowns)
Seated calf raise
Basically, performing 2 sets of each exercise with a warm up set on the big ones. Surprisingly, I found out this week, this routine has only been taking me around an hour and 15 minutes. Seeing as that I was testing for my RM’s this week, I was taking a little more time than usual in between, and also included a few extra sets if I thought the weight was really off.
Well, off to the weekend, a week of rest, possibly some cardio, and hopefully some decent recovery over the next week. I’m really looking forward to this as I really enjoyed setting things up this week. I never thought I would enjoy a full body workout like this, but I’m liking the fact that when I’m done, it REALLY feels like I’ve had a workout!

It looks good! Just remember to keep your volume in check when you get to the late stages of your microcycles (15's-10's...), for example you are doing rows and chins, so possibly keep them at 1 set each.

also remember when you get to the 5s it will probably take longer..and i would drop the leg press you have squats..good luck :D

Back