First HST cycle

ms1970

Hi I'm 42 years old been training on and off for about 20 years and gonna try my first HST cycle just a couple of questions.
What sort of rest time between sets and exercises should I be looking at
Also due to work commitments can only train every 3rd day ie Mon Thu Sun Wed etc.. is this going to be a problem.

Hi I'm 42 years old been training on and off for about 20 years and gonna try my first HST cycle just a couple of questions.
What sort of rest time between sets and exercises should I be looking at
Also due to work commitments can only train every 3rd day ie Mon Thu Sun Wed etc.. is this going to be a problem.

Well, i guess time is everybody's problem. all i can say is just remember to have about 24hours rest before the next workout, example, u workout on MON and TUES is your rest day and WED is workout again. and the rest time between sets can be about 60sec or less on ur 15s, 90sec or less on ur 10s and about 180sec and above for ur 5s. and rest between exercises should be the same? or rest more if u need to, as long as your CNS is able to handle the next working set of exercise. Well this is my 2 cents, hope it helps :)

Every third day is fine. Rest periods between sets - I would prefer my trainees to figure out how to judge their readiness for the next set rather than rely on a stopwatch or anything. In general though I recommend is 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes during the 15s, 1-2 minutes during the 10s and 2-5 minutes during the 5s.

Back