First week of HST...question

thecoffeeguy

I started my first HST cycle this week on Tuesday. Went well. Feel like im still learning.

Anyway, my question is that I had a huge problem at work that started Wednesday night and carried all the way into Thursday night.

I was supposed to do my second workout Thursday, but with what happened with work, I didn't get much sleep. I am so tired that today (friday), I took off work and am just relaxing, but don't feel it would do me much benefit if I did my second workout.

My question: Is it still possible to salvage this week? Could I workout Saturday, then Monday...then start my second week of 15's lets say on Wednesday or Thursday?

I'd like to keep the cycle, but i need to listen to my body and rest a bit.

I apppreciate it.

coffeeguy

You might want to go Saturday and Sunday back to back....rest Monday then begin week two on Tuesday. You will probably want to keep the volume low on Saturday and Sunday....maybe only do 1 set per exercise.

I think that will get you back on track.

Joe G

Don't worry about missed workouts, there's no magic there. Just continue when you can and follow whatever your workout schedule is (like a workout every other day or 3x a week).

If there's any advice that's been repeated to me over & over the last few years it's to listen to your body.
I've trained in many ways over the last few years and hhave learnt the hard way that punishing an overly exhausted or fatigued body will do more harm than good.
I also advise starting again as you're so fresh into the cycle.

Back