flex magazine routines

xarfox

i needed somthing to read on the beach so i grabbed a FLEX magazine. a lot of these guys are talking about like 30 sets of biceps exercieses and other ridiculous routines - whats up with this?

in their "gain 15 pounds" special they say that you have to keep switching up the routine to "confuse" the muscle which makes it grow uncontrollably

i thought you couldn't confuse muscles - didn't someone have a scientific article reference for this

but they are like retarted overtraining
i guess they are suited for the non-hardgainer

this one guy does 10 double sets of curls... thats 20 sets of curls? why??? why?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

Flex magazine is geared toward the HARD CORE Bodybuilder which normally equals Steroids users.

Routines they mention would severly overtrain 90% of the population, its just plain junk.

I mean how many different way's can you skin a cat???

There is not one thing that has changed over the past 40 years of lifting. Yeah the science is better the machines are nicer and fancier....but there are not secrets.

I use to read FLEX religously but most of the magazines are full of junk.

If you even read there magazine closely they will tell you not to follow the recommend pro's routine.

Simply put read it for entertainment and know what it is...b/c as far as a training magazine goes it is not geared toward natural trainees.

Now that being said I have read some even dumber articles in Mens Health.

I read some **** one time explaining how to get a workout inside your shower in the morning....so just take it for whats it worth.

If you want good info on training you are at the right spot.

HST, Dans site which is hypertrophy-research, JP Fitness, T-nation which some here dont like but I think they have good articles.

lol, i think i read that mens health shower article. testicle flexion or something odd like that. i laughed my ass off reading it though i dont have time to try it to see if it works or not.

Yeah one of the articles believe it or not had you leaning against the shower wall in vertial pushup position....I mean come on
rock.gif
laugh.gif

yes , berardi is THE man to go when you want nutrition advices ! perfect website from him, very perfect !

hey joe, i have a much better vid you will be scaryied !
tounge.gif

DEAD lift

Hilarious !

Hey this is off topic. But how do you link a word to a file.

For instance you had DEAD lift underline and when I clicked on it, it sent me to the website. How do we do that?

I no its a noob question..hehe.

Joe,

SUCH A NOOBIE, lol...

Just hit the http:// BUTTON, which is the 4th button to the right (bold, italicize, and underline are to the left of it) Type in the address, then type in the title.

biggrin.gif
joe thats ok i think you are wayyyyyyy to fast clicking your mouse buttons ! ---you are maybe on something like ephedrine ?!?---
biggrin.gif

hey just try it like colby mentioned, he`s a insider too
cool.gif

Thanks...you would think as long a member I have been I would know how too.

Hey next question. Whats a bicep curl???.......just kidding !

xarfox

Man's Health is a much better magazine, but training info you get no better than wher you're at.
laugh.gif

Flex sucks big time, if you are into saving time and reading good info, don't bother with such nonsense save your money for something good, there are a lot of articles in the web sites choco posted.

I'm in the UK and we get the UK edition of Mens Health (hmmm. anyway).

I've started getting the US Ironman mag (if you can workout whats an ad and whats an article!), but are there any other mags that you guys can recommend that are even partly worth while getting? I dont mind a little exaggeration but some of these publications go way over the top.

Flex mag, ironman, muscle fitness - what do you guys think?

Back