For those who look into the past

Fausto

HST Expert
Check this out from an article written by the great man himself! Surely this is proof that HST is for real.

Even in those days and using more logic than science,
biggrin.gif
there was almost a break through there!

I wonder why some guys specially the HIT crowd do not believe in S.D.
rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have found three weeks of concentrated training to be about enough, and the point at which most bodybuilders become bored and stale.

And at this point, after three weeks of hard training, I find one week of rest to be much better than would a change of program, because the softening up of muscle tissue allows for renewed energy by the storing up of vitality and re-stimulation to muscles for the resumption of training.

Rest is nature’s method of restoring the nerves and whole body. Surely, this is logical.

If anyone robs himself of needed rest and allows his enthusiasm to govern him, he then continues on nerve force which will soon prove detrimental for muscle growth.

And if one cares to go into precise physiological technicalities, he will readily find that the nerves need rest more than do the muscles.

Muscles over bad nerves soon become weaker under the power of misdirected nerve force. </div>
wow.gif

Wow, thats a great quote!

Since discovering HST, I have been thinking about those old timers quite a bit. Much of what they said and did sorta matched HST. 3x per week, frequent layoffs, etc.

Those guys stumbled or reasoned onto many HST principles, simply via experience and trial and error.

A lot of the pre-steroid era weightlifting &quot;programs&quot; are very similar to HST.

Key word being steroid as the uber-volume of HIT can be handled efficiently by someone who is juiced.

He had some wild theories too on how to perform sets and special grips for this and for that.

Takes me back to one thing Jules's &quot;pimp my hst book&quot; many of th eenhnced techniques are there, and some of them come from some of these wilder theorectical sometimes bordering on non-sensical themes...to me...some of them are worth grasping at...others...are just that wild!
laugh.gif

when i started lifting in the 70s the guys that trained me had me doing 3x fullbody (
rock.gif
dont know why i changed) and even then they said dont do situps do crunches.
guess they knew what they were talking about.
mind you one had his own colum in a british bbing mag,and the other came 2nd to bill pearl in a mister universe comp
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No squats or deads was a vince thing .... </div>

True, hey? That was one of those less than intelligent things if you ask me!
laugh.gif

Back