Four times per week training with HST-Principles

wartiger

Hello,

I would like to increase my training frequence from three to four times a week, but I am very unsecure, how to train with HST principles, but without rest day between to training-days.

My week will be structured as followed:

Day 1 Train
Day 2 Train
Day 3 Free
Day 4 Train
Day 5 Train
Day 6 Free
Day 7 Free

What possibilites are there?
What do you suggest?
Same plan every day?
Split A & B on successive days?

Thanks!

Greetings,
Basil

I'd do a split: either push/pull or upper/lower. I'd also use A & B alternate workouts. So, for one upper (or push) session I might do bench and the next I'd do dips. That's just me though. It will work perfectly well if you stick to the same exercises.

Use a progression and work out how much volume you need to do so that your total weekly rep count stays the same as when using a 3 x weekly routine. That way you will be doing more each session but not less over the course of a week; this may increase the strength of the signalling and elicit an improved PS response.

Hm, I already tried out to do exactly this with a four times per week training and the problem was, that the training which followed after a training day (e.g. tuesday training, after monday training) wasn't that good. I really felt, that my back was not fully recovered, when I did again deadlift with more weight than the day before.

What are your experiences with that colby2151?

<div>
(Lol @ Dec. 07 2007,07:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd do a split: either push/pull or upper/lower. I'd also use A &amp; B alternate workouts. So, for one upper (or push) session I might do bench and the next I'd do dips. That's just me though. It will work perfectly well if you stick to the same exercises.</div>
This is basically what I do (more or less) and I think it works great.

I have been doing this:

Monday: A
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: B
Thursday: rest
Friday:A
Saturday: C
Sunday: Rest
Monday: B
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: A
Thursday: rest