Frequency

Joe.Muscle

Guys I have been a member here for a while, and I have even tried doing HST workouts back to back...full body on say Monday and then again on Tuesday, or Saturday and same exact workout on Sunday.

I know some guys here do this for cutting, and I know frequency is a key to growth..Bryan says workout HST style at least 3 times a week, But does this mean in the form of a Upper lower Split.

Or can I do vanilla HST every day or back to back days?

Its just feels wierd to hit the muscle 2 or sometimes 3 days in a row?

Any thoughs comments suggestions?

i have had great gains with 4-6x a week.

i hate cardio so for cutting i am going to give 10x a week a try. however, this much frequency requires me to try to stick to the basics and keep to 1-2 sets for each exercise.

Cool

I was thinking of 4 x a week.

Looking like this

Dumbell press 3 sets
Rows 3 sets
Shoulder press 3 sets
Squats 3 sets

12 sets total.??

That looks good. I'd (big surprise here) throw the deadlift in on one of those days and maybe front squats. Squatting 4 times a week would really be rough and probably boring.

I see no problem with more than 3 times a week. I do HST MWF and do olympic lifting TuThurSat. I was intending on cutting this cycle by eating maintenance and lifting 6x a week with tabata cardio, but with the frequency I've gained 5 pounds.

When increasing the frequency, keep the volume low and if you feel you need to increase it, then do it slowly and see how your body responds.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When increasing the frequency, keep the volume low and if you feel you need to increase it, then do it slowly and see how your body responds.</div>

WISE WORDS, Liege! I completely agree.

Thanks guys!

Tabata Cardio...well how do you like it...or shall i say Dislike it!
biggrin.gif

Back