Gain slow down - why?

kinggrub

I will start my second week of neg. tomorrow. But my gain (muscle) has slow down marked. I still gain weight – fat weight.  In other words, I eat enough.

Why has my muscle gain slow down, is it time for SD?

Muscle growth is not always a constant thing, in fact it happens in spurts.
biggrin.gif

Are your joints holding on? No pain? Not overly tired? If not carry on, if yes, then first drop one set or so and see how it goes, if it persists then SD.

Do you do cardio on off days? That should help to slow the fat gain some!

How can you tell in such a short time (1 week) that your muscle growth has slowed down? Unless, as Fausto says, you are suffering in some way from the 5s and negs just finish the cycle.

If you are still making progress at the end of the post-5s then you could carry on if you feel fine to do so. By progress I mean still able to increment the loads, even if only a little bit. Otherwise SD, reappraise your w/o and then start over.

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 01 2006,06:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">[/B]How can you tell in such a short time (1 week) that your muscle growth has slowed down? Unless, as Fausto says, you are suffering in some way from the 5s and negs just finish the cycle.

If you are still making progress at the end of the post-5s then you could carry on if you feel fine to do so. By progress I mean still able to increment the loads, even if only a little bit. Otherwise SD, reappraise your w/o and then start over.</div>
i was thinking the same. lol

i must admit that my muscles are more pumped and rounded when high repping and tend not to be in the low reps,maybe this is the case for you.

like others, im surprised you can tell a real diff. in such a short period of time.

it sounds to me more like a perception issue. ive mentioned this in other threads as i think it can be one of the bigger hurdles (self image, especially when compared to others) to overcome. how does this apply to your situation?

youve probably gained wgt and muscle during this cycle and perhaps got some reinforcement ie; positive comments, good pic, maybe just how you look at the end of a w/o with that pump and flattering gym lighting. a week or so goes by and your really feeling good about things and then, boom, unflatering pic, mirror, lighting or you come across a real gym rat that looks awesome. suddenly you feel fat and small and wonder where the big strong dude who was around last week went.....hes still there your just the only one who cant see him.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Sep. 01 2006,14:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">like others, im surprised you can tell a real diff. in such a short period of time.

it sounds to me more like a perception issue. ive mentioned this in other threads as i think it can be one of the bigger hurdles (self image, especially when compared to others) to overcome. how does this apply to your situation?

youve probably gained wgt and muscle during this cycle and perhaps got some reinforcement ie; positive comments, good pic, maybe just how you look at the end of a w/o with that pump and flattering gym lighting. a week or so goes by and your really feeling good about things and then, boom, unflatering pic, mirror, lighting or you come across a real gym rat that looks awesome. suddenly you feel fat and small and wonder where the big strong dude who was around last week went.....hes still there your just the only one who cant see him.</div>

truer words have never been spoken

I definately agree with Fausto on this one, you shouldn't stop the cycle until you've either totally stagnated or are at a point where your body and mind need a vacation.

Secondly I agreee with LOL, 1 week is not enough time to indicate much.

I don't agree that you should reduce cals at this time, but again like Fausto told you, you may want to up the cardio or go for a good long walk to burn up some excess calories.

Back