Getting psyched!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

OK, so this cycle, I had the bone-headed idea of cutting for the first few weeks, and bulking for the rest. Previously, my gains hadn't kicked in until the 10s anyway.

Well, I lost a couple pounds early on. They were right back on me in a few days of bulking. And now, I'm starting the 5s, and the gains have just begun.

I was psyched, all right. Psyched out by a slightly bigger belly. I should have been bulking all along.
mad.gif

But I am psyched up too. I've got 5s to go, and then will be doing 3x5 strength training for the post 5s, for as many weeks as I can. Although I blew it a little early on, I think some decent gains are on the way.

So what have I learned? Do a good, whole hearted bulk, then a whole hearted cut. I think I'm going to bulk, non-stop, throughout the holidays. Then, I can make cutting my New Year's resolution. By spring, I should look darned good!

It's that CUTTING part I can't seem to get my head around. I still can't get over the fear of losing muscle. Maybe there's a thread in here dealing with that. I'd like to see one.
53 and FAT today. But man, am I strong for my age! You see my dillemna? I just cut an inch off the gut this month but lost 1/2" off my arms! AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Yeah, but Quad, does it look as if you have? I've seen quite a few guys go from 20% bf down to around 5% and they look bigger after they have cut even though they are not. It's the old 'big with the shirt on or big with the shirt off?' dilemma.
biggrin.gif

Back