Going to fast for a month. Need advice

The Journey Man

I'm unergoing a religious fast starting around next month for 4 weeks and need some nutritional and exercise advice.

In the fast, we eat only after sunset and b4 sunrise. If there is sunlight out, NO FOOD, NO WATER. NOTHING goes in the mouth during the day.

I am currently cutting and would either like to remain losing bf or be at maintenance during the fasting month. I want retain as much LBM as possible. I wanted some advice to what types of food to eat during this fasting month to accomplish this

We usually eat in the moring b4 sunrise, break right after sunset and eat whatver inbetween those two times. I will most likely resistance train b4 going to sleep.

Thanks in advance

The Journey Man

A big breakfast before sunrise.

A medium sized meal after sunset.

A protein shake and perhaps some tuna before bed.

A protein shake sometime during the night.

The meals should emphasis protein and good fats.

I have actually maintained muscle mass eating only one meal a day, a large, extended dinner. If I were you, I'd eat 40% of my daily calories at sun-up, 40% at sundown, and then spread the other 20% before going to bed.

You'd be surprised how adaptable the body is.

I'd try to workout right at sundown, and maybe drink some gatorade before, during, and after the workout. Then have your dinner.

Journey man

Your best bet is to eat when you are allowed to so splitting it up as suggested is top priority!

You may find yourself rather "pooped" to say the least so the gatorade is a great thing to get the carbs up, I have a mate that does the fast too, but he just lays off the training.

Whichever way, it is your choice as to what to do! The advice from our point of view is the best we can come up with!

drop the carbs & PSMF it, failing that PRAY; if after 4 weeks you still can't see your abs - then pack in the religeous thing 'cos it aint worked, and get yerself some DNP/Clen/T

Back