Hammer strength Machines

AKUFADUM

Since there was a discussion regarding a smith machine.

And people of variant opinions about them.

I got into a discussion with a guy at the gym regarding hammer strength machines.

Now I personally have never used them. Because I thought the would be similar to the Nautiless or LifeFitness machines.

ie The have a fixed plain.

What I didn't know and was kind of surprised to find out was that HS machines have somewhat independent movements.

So to satisfy my curiosity I tried the military press one. Though I found that it was a lot easier than using a BB ( obviously
biggrin.gif
) I did however found it interesting that each arm moved independently. Now, I am not going to switch. But I thought later on to 'change up the routine' I may attempt to use them instead.

Thoughts?

Machines have their place, I generally prefer the plate loaded variety with a lever type action, although I don't have any of these myself.

If I were to use one of these, then I'd take full advantage of max stim as I feel it works best on a machine than on a free weight rack for some exercises (squats, bench and a few others come to mind).

In other words, if you feel it working well go ahead and use it.

I've used HS equipment in the past the break through plateaus, and they're great for ISO work. Other than that, I really wouldn't use HS equipment for HST-related workout components.

...And I sorta do things very differently now when it comes to plateaus in the HST methodology.......

.......Cluster cluster cluster cluster blah blah blah.....
tounge.gif

I like Fausto's idea of using machines for Max-Stim. Other than that, I only use machines for assisted dips/chins and seated rows. Now I have even reached the point where I will not even do seated rows - it's time to learn Pendlay!

Ah Pendlays... the bench press of lats. Hated them at first, but my back has exploded with them. My lower back just needed to get used to supporting that weight.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 12 2007,12:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like Fausto's idea of using machines for Max-Stim.  Other than that, I only use machines for assisted dips/chins and seated rows.  Now I have even reached the point where I will not even do seated rows - it's time to learn Pendlay!</div>
I found it time to switch to Pendlay's (which I love now) when I had to put a quarter in my lap to keep myself down in the seat doing seated rows. I was thinking, &quot;what's next, a seatbelt?&quot;
wink.gif

Back