help from HST experts

basso

first of all hi to everyone .i'm new to HST and i have few Q .
Due to injury i stopped my current program (not HST) and hadn't trained for a week( which is somewhat of a SD). but my problem is that all my weights are projected, so if i check 'em should i take another SD (if i do this it will be 3 weeks off training). could i check them and do just a few days recovery or a full SD is crutial.

also i read a lot of articles but in any of them it was mentioned how many sets a workout should be and how many time it should take.

thanx for the reply.
well i understand the importance of SD and that's why i wanted to consult you guys. but still, isn't a 10 break off exercise(injury) then checking the weights then starting an HST cycle (maybe do 4 days rest) should be enough. i just hate the thought of not working 3 weeks but is it is that important i'll do it.

for my 2nd Q i want to be more specific: i'l do a 21 set workout without a change in volume for the entire cycle.

Since we don't know what injury you had, first are you healed?

If not heal first.

Here's the thing, so you took a week off, but then IF you retest your maxes you are loading with a weight that your body will adapt too, granted not full adaptation but some. So it's really your choice, if you think your body will still respond, and most importantly you are healed, then go ahead. Do a full SD after this cycle, but then come back and tell us if you noticed any difference between the two. Semi SD then cycle or Full SD and cycle.

well i'm seeing a doctor on sunday, so hopefully i'll start training again.
after much thinking and learning on HST (really becuase i wasn't able to go out of my home for a week) i understand that it is important to do a full SD and i think that's what i'll do. 3 weeks is nothing and anyway my summer is over (due to injury) so it isn't important if i lose some mass.

but still i have one Q: isn't my max reps will be different after 3 weeks off (with just 2 days workout to find out if my max reps are correct), i mean they will probably be much lower?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basso @ July 15 2005,8:48)]but still i have one Q: isn't my max reps will be different after 3 weeks off (with just 2 days workout to find out if my max reps are correct), i mean they will probably be much lower?
that is exactly why you SD

your maxes won't be that much lower I think, but the muscles won't be adapted to the weight anymore, so for the muscles even the lighter weights will seem heavier

well yes but SD is 7-9 days and my "SD" is like 20 days.
anyways thanx to all the good people who helped me.
what i need is to be paitent fro 2 more weeks and then.....
........finally some HST( my first cycle though).

Back