Help New user!

Typically all but some smaller body parts where isolations may be used, e.g., concentration curls, tricep pushdowns, calf raises, etc., seem to respond better to higher reps. However, the vast majority of our routines consist principally of compound exercises.

Typically all but some smaller body parts where isolations may be used, e.g., concentration curls, tricep pushdowns, calf raises, etc., seem to respond better to higher reps. However, the vast majority of our routines consist principally of compound exercises.

Then what should I do for example on curls when I get to the 5's. If I still want to keep increasing it HST style?

ON BB curls, I go with 5's and will even go up to "cheat" curls after I hit my 5 RM. On DB curls I usually do not go below 8 but will go down to 5's on hammer curls. BB curls activate more overall muscles.

ON BB curls, I go with 5's and will even go up to "cheat" curls after I hit my 5 RM. On DB curls I usually do not go below 8 but will go down to 5's on hammer curls. BB curls activate more overall muscles.

I see I do BB curls anyway. What about skullcrushers in your opinion?

I agree. Weights for 5's on skull crushers are too heavy to safely lift without a very good spotter. Hard to get into position also.

Back