Help with 2nd HST cycle W/O

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_hydralisk
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_hydralisk

Hello, first-time lifter here, I'm just now starting SD for my first cycle, and looking forward to the second one!

I'm happy with the results, event though don't think I did everything right.. I'm relying on the gurus here to guide me in the right direction.

The gym I go to has only free weight machines, and only in 5-lb increments. Specifically, the only machines available are:

Barbell Weights
 Dumbbells (5-60lbs)
 Weight Belt
 Smith Machine w Squat Rack and Pullup Bar
 Dip/Knee Raise Station
 Leg Press Machine
 Leg Curl/Extension Machine
 Cable Pulldown/Row Machine
 Press Benches (flat and incline)
 Preacher Station

There are no pec deck, hammer machines etc of any kind, and I can't afford to train 2x a day, so my frequency is 3x a week.  Can anyone suggest a good workout plan? I basically used the "stock" HST exercises, taking out the ones I can't do. I figure you guys can come up with a much better one..

Thanks in advance for helping out a 'clueless' newbie!

i would follow along with fausto's "simplify and win" thread. there are also 5-20 odd threads started in the last month about ....."newbie, critique my program plz"

most of the info your looking for is in those threads. it seems like a lot of info but its just the same advice repeated 5-20 odd times.

not sure what a free wgt machine is?

good luck

I agree with blue jacket....
every day people submit a post titled...new HST guy, need advice...
There is already LOADS of advice at this forum, I think people are just to lazy to look at it. In the HST forum alone there are hundreds of pages of advice and info.
So research the other forum posts and replies and you will find all the info. you need for your workout.

Here is an exmaple of what I am talking about Fausto posted this just the other day and bascially answered your question pefectly, you just got to read this stuff!

Fausto
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I am not about to tell you how to set up your workout as this is more foir the newbies, but if you insist:

Quads - Squats alternated with Deadlifts

Chest - 15 degree Incline BB or DB bench press alternate with weighted Dips

Back - Weighted Chins or pullups alternated with Rows (Pendlay)

Shoulders - Military press or Arnold press (standing, push press from 5's onwards)

Abs - Any variety (either with workout or on days off).
Frequency - for begginers 3 x week, other variety's should only be used after at least 3 cycles (2x day 3x week / 4, 5 or 6 x week) there should always be at least one day rest.

If you go higher than 3x week, reduce the number of exercises to the basics.

Volume - again for begginers

15 x 1 set / 10 x 2 sets / 5 x 3 sets, other variations can be used but this one seems to cause the most gains overall.
</div>

Sci

I take my hat off to you, honestly the newbies are sometimes lazy and one will eventually get tired of repeating the same old story!
wink.gif

to be fair to him he did say he wanted a workout based on the equipment he has available.
squat alt deadlift
bench-press
bent-over-rows
shoulder-press
chins
dips
but as the guys said if most of the newbies searched it would save everyone a lot of time typing
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks, faz. I get what they are saying, but I think you're the only one who really understood my post
biggrin.gif

Back