HIIT with HST

omega99

As the new year approaches, I'm intent on trying firm up the smooth edges in anticipation of the summer months.  I'm planning to incorporate some form of HIIT along with my HST program.  

Here's my question on HIIT as it relates to preserving/affecting LBM:  Is there an advantage to working multiple body parts in the routine vs. a routine that primarily utilizes one bodypart, such as sprinting or biking which would stress the legs?  In other words, will LBM and/or fat loss be more positively affected in the bodyparts worked in a HIIT routine?

IMO it doesnt matter what type of cardio you do its cals in v cals out at the end of the day.

so its the total cals burned during exercise thats important,so if you haven't got a lot of time (or dont like ss-cardio) do HIIT or interval work,to burn more cals in a shorter time,if you have time(or like ss-cardio) do that for a longer time.

as far as EPOC etc i think lyle has said the cals burned after training through HIIT are minimal,it could use up more cals due to your muscles having to repair themselves (plus other factors) but your HST routine does the same thing also.

IMO do both HIIT and ss-cardio.

<div>
(faz @ Dec. 17 2008,3:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">IMO it doesnt matter what type of cardio you do its cals in v cals out at the end of the day.</div>
Ditto...

I do anything from walking, jogging, running, pilates and yes, even cleaning (kills two birds with one stone).

Back