how big can you get naturally?

jwbond

i have read about aas for years, but am thinking the sides outweigh the benefits. anyhow, i am now wondering if i can ever reach my goals naturally. i am 6'1 and would like to get to 215-220lbs at 10%.

i recall there was a max size calc bryan made, but i am not sure it will be that accurate for me, as i have very small ankles. i know there is no way of proving it, but does everyone here feel it is rather accurate? (it said I can only get to 210)

Hi JW,
For what it may be worth, here is a link that offers another view as to maximum size, regardless of wrist size etc...
It has more to do with arms , legs, etc being in proportion to body size & weight. I for one have exceeded (by almost an inch) that max arm size that the calculator gave me & believe me, I'm no genetic freak by any means. Just dedication, hard work, HST, and eating & sleeping enough.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459760
From the article "A good rule of thumb is that for every inch you want to gain on your arms, you need to gain roughly 15 pounds of equally distributed body mass."

Omega

The HST calculator and ones like it are based on natural bodybuilders from the pre-steroid era. These people back then were basically the genetic elite... so it's pretty unlikely that you'll exceed the measurements given by it, unless you specialize. For instance, my thighs are already larger than it told me, and my calves are supposedly at their max, while my chest is way under the max size, even though I'm roughly close to what it predicted for my max weight. Probably due to emphasising legs over upper body in my case, or just genetic variances in bodyparts.

But don't let it discourage you. If you are still growing, then you don't have anything to worry about yet. I wouldn't bother too much about it until you have hit a plateau and can't seem to get beyond it.

Back