How do I set up my second cycle after SD?

sbash

OK...so if I can Bench Press 335 x 5...and I set up my training as follows:75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100% of 5rm (do the same for 15 and 10 RM)... I will reach my current strength potential and never surpass it? I will however surpass my current muscle size? If that's right, I'll take it!

If this is true, strength and size do not go hand-in-hand like I was always taught, true???
smile.gif

BUT...how do I set up my second cycle after SD? Do I go back to working with the same weights? Do I measure my 15, 10, and 5 RMs again to re-establish the weights to be used?

Thanks. I found my answer.

It's crazy...after all these years the one thing I believed is that you had to get stronger to get bigger. I really hope this HST is legit, it feels like I'm just starting out all over again...with all the same hopes and dreams!

The great thing is I HAVE built some impressive strength from the way I used to do things...never really grew any appreciable size though.

Thanks again bro.

-bash
biggrin.gif

<div>
(sbash @ Dec. 27 2006,18:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks.  I found my answer.

It's crazy...after all these years the one thing I believed is that you had to get stronger to get bigger.  I really hope this HST is legit, it feels like I'm just starting out all over again...with all the same hopes and dreams!  

The great thing is I HAVE built some impressive strength from the way I used to do things...never really grew any appreciable size though.  

Thanks again bro.

-bash
biggrin.gif
</div>
You do have to get stronger to get bigger. HST uses progressive loading, every cycle should be using higher weight than your last cycle.

Back