How does my cycle look?

p0fell0w

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yes as is any loading but I wouldn't expect much growth. The main idea is loading will help with diminishing the catabolic effect of dieting but this impact would be largely held with the contractile proteins not the sarcoplasmic, so there will more than likely still be a noticable size loss but don't worry it is mostly a loss in non contractile proteins, glycogen, and water.

If you are dieting skip the 15's and SD, you may even want to reduce the frequency to 2X a week, use the rest of the time for cardio, the true fat burning exercise.</div>

i'll be cutting so i'm going to skip the SD and the 15s and start with my 10s. These are the exercises that i choose

Flat Bench
Bent Over Rows
Dumbell Mil Press
Pull Downs
Dips
Alt Dumbell Curls (might Rotate between Barbell Curls every week)
Squat
SL DL
Calf Rises

I want to add in upright rows but i dont know where to put it in at.

How does this sound?

Looks okay...

No squats and/or deadlifts?

I would do Chins instead of Pulldowns.

I assume the curls are in there for specialization...

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 24 2006,15:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Looks okay...

No squats and/or deadlifts?

I would do Chins instead of Pulldowns.

I assume the curls are in there for specialization...</div>
i forgot about deadlifts...do you think it would be ok to take out squats and just do deadlifts instead?

It's up to you. I would at least alternate them. Usually, I will do them both during the light half's of my mesocycles, and alternate in the heavy half.

Near the end.. but why do you want to add them when you have sufficient back work?

PS - I didn't see Squats + SLDL the first time, so excuse me for that!
rock.gif

Upright rows are damaging to the rotator cuff and a strain on the lumbar portion of the back. I would cut them out altogether. The military press will hit your delts pretty good. You might want to add in shrugs though.

Bryan believes that shrugs are key to developing the &quot;true bodybuilder look&quot; - huge traps.

But since you are cutting, as long as you have decent exercises that hit your whole body, that's really all you need. Your exercises are already good enough. You aren't about to build a ton of muscle anyway.

By the time you start bulking, that's a different thing. During that time, your exercise selection will be more important. That's when you should never ever leave out shrugs so you can develop scary traps to scare people who walk past you on the strert
biggrin.gif

Just my 0.02.

Regards,
-JV

Forget the upright rows, specially if you are doing them with barbel, else do d/b variety and do not lift past the bottom of the pecs
biggrin.gif

You routine looks fine, include deads and alternate with squats, they both burn calories second to none!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Shrugs are considered an isolation exercise correct?</div>
I would say yes, shrugs do not work that many muscle groups besides traps. However, keep in mind that shrugs allow you to use a lot of weight.

Yep, shrugs are isolation, but their weight loads equal most compounds or more. Typically, it's less than the deadlift, but can be more than the bench. Most of the time, I just do a shrug at the top of a dead. Incidentally, that's what Bryan also said, if you can shurg at the top of a deadlift, then you don't have to do a separate movement for it at all. Of course, that's not possible (for me) for my max deadlift, so I do a separate movement during that phase.

Back