How long should i rest?

p0fell0w

I just started working back out a lil over a month ago...during that time i was doing 5x5 for like 3 weeks of that...should 9 days rest be good enough for my SD or should i go longer? b/c i'm finding my maxes this week so not this monday but the next monday it will be 9 days and i can start my hst cycle. Would they decondition my muscles enough?

are you sure 9 days would be enough...i want to make sure i get the full effect of the SD. Would 9 days be enough if you was working out with kindof high intensity and volume?

Like Colby said, 9 days should be fine. If you are worried about it then take another couple of days.
smile.gif

Keystone

Personally, I would say if you can take off 14 days (and your not climbing the walls), that would logically enhance the effect of the SD. Before my first cylce, I meant to take off 14, but was forced into 30 days due to the flu. Now, I had a great first cycle, maybe because of the extra SD, but in future cycles, I will always take 14 days min. Another example, is mid 10's, I went on a short ski vacation & stopped for 9 days, & came back & picked up where I left off, with no noticeable losses. This tells me that (for me) 9 days maybe just the bare minimum time, but that 14 would be even better. I used to train each body part only once a week, so 9 days in only 2 more days than that, 14 days is twice as long. IMO I think more SD will give better results.

<div>
(Omega_man @ May 25 2006,14:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Personally, I would say if you can take off 14 days (and your not climbing the walls), that would logically enhance the effect of the SD. Before my first cylce, I meant to take off 14, but was forced into 30 days due to the flu. Now, I had a great first cycle, maybe because of the extra SD, but in future cycles, I will always take 14 days min. Another example, is mid 10's, I went on a short ski vacation &amp; stopped for 9 days, &amp; came back &amp; picked up where I left off, with no noticeable losses. This tells me that (for me) 9 days maybe just the bare minimum time, but that 14 would be even better. I used to train each body part only once a week, so 9 days in only 2 more days than that, 14 days is twice as long. IMO I think more SD will give better results.</div>
Ya..i think your right. I always work my chest out at at least once every 7 days so i might just wait until the next monday to work my cycle in...so that would be 16 days rest for my SD. How fast would my strength come back? would i be just as strong as i was before i took my sd during the 10s?

Don't be in too big a hurry to get your strength back. When doing HST correctly and progressively increasing the weight over time it will come back &amp; likely exceed the maxes you started with. It did for me anyway. I did an extended 5's period and either increased the weight used or increased the reps I could do.

Omega

Back