how many sessions per week

malehorse

I've heard it said that some will apply these HST principles six times per week... Is it really possible to do the same routine and keep bumping up the weight 6 times a week while acheiving growth? I've also heard it said that if I was origonally doing a 12-16 set/week routine "old-school", that i won't really make any sufficient progress unless i am adding this many sets to this program? I'm confused... I'm also wondering if I should be feeling sore?
THnx everyone,
sam

If you're doing 6x a week then you only need to put your weight up every other session (or if possible you could put the weight up every session but only by half of the increments you usually use).

There's a lot about frequency in the customising thread in the general training forum.

Cheers

Rob

If you were using 12 to 15 sets PER muscle group before then it wouldn't make sense to reduce it to 6. Just divide the number of sets you are accustomed to between you number of workouts per week.

Now one important thing to remember, your SD length can change your exercise tolerance at first. When first coming off an SD it may be necessary to reduce the volume a tad (maybe).

Back