how many sets during negatives?

waray214

just started my last 2 weeks yesterday. i'm only doing negatives on pull-ups and dips, the rest 5RM or building upon that. i did 3 sets of negatives with my pull-ups yesterday but am wondering if that is too much. how many sets should i do for the negatives? 1,2,3...?

I don't think there is any real answer to that. It would depend on your work capacity..
As many as you can handle without burning out or ruining your joints.

i think i found the answer. "Don't forget that the point of doing "negatives" in HST is to continue to increase the load while keeping the volume the same (number of reps and sets)"- hst faq book. so with this being said, i'm gonna keep the volume the same-3 sets, 15ish reps

Great, thanks for posting.
I'd (and do) shoot for the same number as for the 5's as well.. But no matter what the faq tells you, it will still come down to whether or not, you are able to handle it.
In my experience, negs are considerably harder on joints and CNS both. And considering there is no weight progression, there as no light-weight break.
What i'm saying is, you might have to cut back a little. You'd probably by fine though, with only 2 lifts.

Back