How much aerobic work is too much?

corvettecris

I am almost finished with my second week of 15s on my first HST cycle.  I have been using this cycle to practice cutting up (never tried to seriously cut before).  I have been eating at maintenance, 1.5x FFM protein, 25% fat, carbs for the rest.  I am doing 2-a-days on T-TH-S with HST, and then about 30 minutes of aerobic work (jogging, incline treadmill, elliptical) 1-2 times a day on M-W-F.  So far, I feel very energetic all the time, with only minor soreness.  
Last week I lost about 1.5 lbs, which isn't too bad.  I was aiming for 1 lb a week, 2 at max. I started at about 12% BF, and I am already starting to see some results.
What I really want to know, is light cardio/aerobic work twice a day on off days counterproductive to maintaining my hard earned muscle mass?  I never work fasted, as I am just using the aerobics to create a deficit (insted of cutting the diet so much) and it helps me keep my energy levels rolling.  Is this just too much?  I realize that I probably will have to cut it down in the late 10's and/or 5's, but for now, I feel fine, so does that mean it's fine?

looks fine to me but i would just stick to once a day for cardio
to try and minimize losses(muscle).good luck ;)

I figured that would be the answer. I just have so much free time and energy...

What is the longest amount of time I should work? 45 minutes?

by "work" do you mean cardio or training?if its the former yes anything over about 20 mins and you are in the fat burning zone id set the max at 45 minutes to once again minimize muscle losses.

By work, I meant aerobic work. I try to shy away from classifying all aerobics as 'cardio', since I usually dont hit my cardio zone. I try to stay at about 70% MHR.

Back