How to handle a 1-week interruption of my cycle?

tefkiac

Hey,
I prepared and got into my first HST cycle 3 weeks ago, with great results so far. I just entered my 10 rep phase yesterday. However, the gym closes for a week on Saturday, so I have an interrupted HST cycle situation. How do you people suggest I handle it? Finish my 10 rep week, decondition for the week that the gym is closed and continue with the second 10rep week after it opens? Or should I restart the whole 10rep phase after the gym reopens?
Thanks!

Your best bet is to re-start the 10's once you back but for now complete the 10's if you can.

Once you're back and you re-start if the weights feel too light, jump to the next week's load that way you will not waste too much time "catching up".

Yeah, do as Fausto suggested.
smile.gif

Great, thanks for the advice!
Actually, even now, after the 15s phase, the beginning of the 10s seems ridiculously light, with one set of what was burning before, barely having any effect on me now. I guess it´s a result of neural adaptation?

Remember that because you are 26.5% lighter than your 10 rep maximum at the start of teh 10's it will feel light.

One thing you can always do is to slow down the rep cadence and get more feel out of your reps, I usually go for 2 sets at this stage, you can always do 3, I must warn you though that it does not stay like that it gets more difficult, but these are techniques you can use to your benefit!

Thanks Fausto,
Actually that´s what I was doing yesterday, if it felt too light, I´d increase the sets, since I usually try to go at the slowest cadence I can, except when pushing on the bench press. Usually 2 sets did the trick and still allow for the heavier weights later on, or so it seems, I´ll fine tune it as the cycle progresses .

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I´ll fine tune it as the cycle progresses </div>

That's the spirit!
wink.gif

if your on the 10s submax weights and they are to light do more reps but dont go to faliure
cool.gif

I just had it happen to me... I am just going to pick up where I left off since I am cutting. If I were bulking, I would zig-zag and go back a few workouts.

Back