how to include box squat

r4id3n

hi,
sorry if reposting the same topic but I couldn't find topic similar to mine.Lately,I am thinking of adding box squat into my next workout cycle.Would it kill my strength in front squat if I replace it with box squat?

My split is Mon,Wed,Fri
Workout 1
Front Squat
Incline bench
Lat pulldown
Shoulder press
Abs

Workout 2
Deadlift
Dips
BB Row
Shoulder press
Abs

<div>
(r4id3n @ Jan. 19 2007,08:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">hi,
sorry if reposting the same topic but I couldn't find topic similar to mine.Lately,I am thinking of adding box squat into my next workout cycle.Would it kill my strength in front squat if I replace it with box squat?

My split is Mon,Wed,Fri
Workout 1
Front Squat
Incline bench
Lat pulldown
Shoulder press
Abs

Workout 2
Deadlift
Dips
BB Row
Shoulder press
Abs</div>
If you completely stop doing front squats and only do box squats, of course your front squats are going to suffer. Front squats are great at working the quads more, although your hams glutes hips spinal erectors and abs will still be worked. You won't be using your quads nearly as much with box squats.

Box squats are typically used by powerlifters as they greatly improve your squats, AND deadlifts. I don't know why you care about how much weight you can do with front squats, but if it's important to you then I would continue to do them at least once per week.

Back