How to start after 6month break ??

choco

hello,
i need some advice, i have made two hst cycles in the past with good results and hst is the way i would go furthermore
biggrin.gif
. Before my hst experiences i have trained "pyramid-split style".
Now, the last 6 months i dont have trained because of my university test and i have moved to another city.
But NOW next monday i will begin again to train (it was a hard time without hitting the iron).

my problem/question is how should i restart with my training? with hst, "pyramid-split style", 5x5 or another thing?
because i cant say what my new RMS look like! what should i do in this case?
my intention was to start with hst at 40% of my old RM and get the load higher every trainingday, so i dont say i make 2weeks of 15 and 2 weeks of 10 and 2 of 5reps like normally. i just add every trainingday more weight and will see how it goes. and then at the end i will do a 5x5 cycle and after that i will set up my new maxes.

how does this look?
what would you say guys?

maybe it will help when i post my old hst-plan:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My routine:

Dead-Lift
Squats
Flat Bench Press
Military Press
Chinups
Dips
Crunches

I make this every other day, so im in the gym 3 or 4 times per week.
1st week 1 rep 15 sets
2st+3st week 2 reps 10 sets
4st+5st week 3 reps 5 sets
6st week 3 reps 5 sets with my 5rm
(7st week add more load and go down with my sets)
then 7-14 days SD </div>

so i will hit the gym 3-4 times peer week, im not sure if this will be good for my joints, because i have had 6 months completely break
sad.gif

ok so im not really sure what i should do to start.
advices needed

greets

If I was just getting back into it I would probably opt for a full 2 weeks of 15s? Good way to get your joints and ligaments ready after a long break? Keystone

hy,
keystone is this your advice, because you have written &quot;?&quot; in your sentences.

nobody else any opinions on this?

greets

edit:
with higher reps are better for my joints at starting a new program like hst when you was before long time not training, im think so too, but when then i must go like this, like i have said in my first post:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">my intention was to start with hst at 40% of my old RM and get the load higher every trainingday, so i dont say i make 2weeks of 15 and 2 weeks of 10 and 2 of 5reps</div>
because i dont know my new (i think very lower) maxes.

Or should i start with some other training, eventually machinery training and not start after this 6 month long brake with free weights to train ?

greets

Just start HST at the 15s and work your way gradually up. You dont need to know your maxes. Bet you cant wait to hit new ones though
biggrin.gif

As it's your first cycle in a while definitely do two weeks of 15s. You have nothing to lose. It's only two weeks. It can't hurt but it could certainly help as it's a great prep for the heavier stuff.

Personally, I'd opt for a month of 10's - 12's.  Still do the full-body workout, starting with lighter weights to rewaken the muscles and CNS to exercise and work up to my current limit for 10's.  Then check my RM's, SD, and start a cycle.  After a 6 month layoff, I'd expect a significant change from those old RM's and would want to establish the correct weights for my current level of fitness.

Back