hst 2 times a week

daghetto

due to boxing on thursdays and saturdays, i cant workout 3 times a week as boxing is pretty intense. now, if i wanted to do HST 2 times a week would it still be effective? im planning on doing it mondays and fridays.

also, would i have to extend the mesocycle so that its 3 weeks instead of 2? because in 2 weeks you do 6 workouts, but in my case i will be doing 4 workouts.. so do i make it 3 weeks for each mesocycle or stick to 2 weeks, increasing up to my max each workout till the last workout day of the 2nd week?

if i still do 2 week mesocycles, then do i still do 1x15,2x10 and 3x5? of should i increase the no. of sets?

also, how do my excercises look?

Squat
standing calf raise
incline bench press
bent over row
shoulder press
incline dumbell curls
shrugs
tricep pulldown

Last edited:
Dan Moore has presented research (somewhere...!) that seems to indicate twice weekly workouts can be as effective as thrice weekly.

It's close to the same as doing a two-day split twice a week which I just switched to, except you're doing the two workouts on the same day. It might be a little much on your CNS but I suspect you might be able to handle it. If you could do AM/PM, that might be better. In my case I stuck with 2-week cycles, but set my starting weights higher than I would have normally on a three-day routine, since there are only four workouts per mesocycle. I found I was able to add some sets and or exercises here and there as well.

Back