HST + ABCDE diet

Schopenhauer

Hey guys!

I'll do an experiment with the ABCDE diet - in short, the diet consists of cycles of two weeks of underfeeding followed by two weeks of overefeeding - so I will adapt my workout routine and would like the opinion of you. My routine looked like this:

A:
Squat
Calf raises
Flat bench press
Pull ups
Barbell military press
Barbell shrugs
Barbell Curl
Lying triceps extension

B:
Deadlift
Calf raises
Incline bench press
Barbell row
Dumbbell shrugs
Dumbbell curl
Close-grip bench press

I will train Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the system A-B-A-B ...

I intend to keep constant the number of repetitions (30 per muscle group) while increasing the load and the number of sets (always working one or two reps before failure) for 4 weeks. During the last - and heaviest - the week I'll do light sets of 15 reps to cause metabolic stress.

I appreciate suggestions.

The ABCDE diet is a little excessive on the calories. Rumor says that those who have tried it seldom manages to diet away the fat they gained the first two weeks. If you want to try, lower the calories to 500 kcal above maintenance. Also, during the cut you should not go lower than -500 kcals. You cannot build muscle mass faster only because you have a higher calorie excess nor retain muscle mass if the deficit is too large. Actually, patience is your best friend. Quick solutions is often the longer road.

One other thing. During the cut you will fatigue quickly and a massive program will be hard to do. It might be wise to do maintenance training (heavy, low volume) instead of HST.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. I think I'll make a traditional diet for bulking. About my training routine, there is a problem keeping constant the number of repetitions (30 per muscle group per workout) while gradually increasing the load? Thus, the training would be 2x15, 3x10, 6X5. What do you think?

There is no reason to keep the number of reps constant. Aside from that, 6x5 with your 5 RM is going to be too much for most people to handle.

Back