HST and jogging

turborl7

Just as the topic mentions. Is it ok to do say 30 minutes of jogging on off-days while on HST?

Will this conteract the affect?

Is it ok to jog during SD?

Any aerobic activity will take away from gains if you are trying to bulk. However, it is, in my opinion, a good idea to strive for overall health by exercising the heart and lungs as well as the glamour muscles. Therefore, doing 20 minutes or so of low impact aerobics three times per week, wherther or not you are doing HST or SD, is certainly a good idea. Jogging on a hard surface, however, would not be my choice as it will eventually get to your lower back and knees.

I'm doing HIIT type of cardio during non-workout days. basically the one lyle said on Diet and Nutrition in the FAQ section.. i do it because my bulking really bulks up on the stomach too (fat goes with bulking) and i think doing HIIT once a week will help remove unwanted fat covering my stomach
laugh.gif

don't really care about how HIIT will affect the progressive load on my legs because i'm not focusing on legs now. what do you think guys?

I do next HST cycling (race bike)
I train 6 x a week hst and i try also to cycle 2-3 times a week. mmm and i ve also my family life

butbut.gif

I ride with a cycling group three times a week for 2-3 hour rides each time at good pace. I just find that I need to eat more when I am combining HST with the cycling. So far I have found that I have started to get a little leaner but I have not lost any of my strength which is a good thing. I have also taken the squats and dead lifts out of my program for the summer months as my legs cannot take the extra workouts after cycling. I am currently doing HST three days per week and cycling on the inbetween days. Not sure how long I will be able to keep it up but I am going to make a go of it.

When you squat to heavy than it will be difficult when you cycle too. Thats why i reduced the weights a bit. So, now i can squat and cycle.

I just find that it is too much to try and squat and deadlift during the cylcing season. My legs are fried after an all out 3 hour ride and they need a day off or I am going to get dropped by the group next ride out. Some people may be able to keep up doing both riding and weights but to me the performance on the bike is the main thing in the summer. If I was just out for easy rides then it would be easy enough to do both.

Back