HST and my job

Ascent

Hello my new friends,

I'm keen to start an HST cycle but am having trouble tailoring it around my job. I work at a warehouse doing a lot of manual labor (lifting 10lb-40lb boxes, moving pallets of stock around etc). By the end of the day I'm usually pretty exhausted. So a workout after a hard day would be out of the question. I do get a day off every week though. My schedule looks like this:

Mon - Work 8am-5pm
Tue - Work 8am-5pm
Wed - Off
Thu - Work 8am-5pm
Fri - Work 8am-5pm
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

So my options are,

1) Train Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Eat like a horse.

2) Train 6am Monday morning, Wednesday and Saturday. Eat like a horse.

3) Train Wednesday and Saturday. Eat like a horse.

What do you think would be best to maximize gains? Right now I'm leaning towards option #2, but do you think weights 3 days a week + all the lifting at work would be putting too my strain on my body?

Are you using any supps? You might find that using a pre-workout supp will give you the energy to complete a workout even after work. Though just getting motivated to go to the gym after work is probably still gonna be tough! The best cure for that is a training partner.

I tried a preworkout formula with Nitric Oxide etc which gave me plenty of energy but I stopped using it as I felt like I'd have a brain hemorrhage every time I lifted heavy. However I've started using SizeOn recently and it's just as good at fueling my workout given it's creatine & high sugar content, and no head splitting pains, and then there's the benefit of creatine (which finally seems to be producing the results I'd always read it should).

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Sep. 27 2008,12:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">#2 hands down.</div>
I with O &amp; G. Actually since you are off on Wed and Sat - just train early on Monday before work and do your workouts on your days off whenever it fits your schedule those days.

Back