HST and Vibration machines for activating muscles?

sooty

Has anyone any advice or experience with the "vibration machines" that i see in many gyms now. I am using them for warm up and for "pumping" the muscle group full of blood before exercising. (The machines i mean are like vibration plates you stand on, like 'vibro-gym', 'powerplates', 'NEMES' etc...) Comments? experiences? any good? waste of time? and if you use them, how? Thanks, cu

Sounds like a gimmick to me. But then again it could be a bit like having a massage or 'rub down' before the game. But since the 'work' on the muscle is involuntary, will it activate motor units to prepare for heavier lifts?

It seems to floow the muscle group with blood. (because you do the exercise standing on the plate, and the vibrations go through the contracting muscles) it feels real good. but? it is also said to increase hormone production and other things like that... (but the main reason i use it is beacause of the stabilization effect, for sport, skating)

Bull. Any effects will be negligible. Eat big lift heavy. I hate all these gimmicky things. Anything which causes the average person to do NO work to better themselves will sell loads (shame too cos most are useless).

Back