HST & Bodylastics Bands

tdsong

Hey, can the methods of HST be applied if you're using Bodylastics resistance bands?

I don't currently have free weights, but the bands are a nice alternative (and less spendy) to weights & give you a good workout.

May need to add more bands to go even heavier.

Thanks!

Yeah bro resistance is resistance, muscle tension is muscle tension.. There is no single HST principle which states that HST uses only free-weights to build muscle.. Any type of resistance will do free weights, machines, and even resistance bands.. Actually, I started training HST through Bodylastics resistance bands since I have a Maximum Tension set of my own and strength-bands has its advantages as well such as different angles on specific-priority training like sports training(tennis, martial arts, basketball, football etc) which free weights and machines can't replicate.. The short answer is you can build muscle using Bodylastics at the same time applying HST principles such as progressive resistance, frequency and cylcling intensities(% of rep maxes). However, Bodylastics has its drawbacks in comparison with free weights since free weights has its advantages especially on the most effective and king of all lower body exercises which is the Free-Weight Barbell Squats as well as Barbell Deadlifts which cannot be done using Bodylastics.. The lower body exercises that bodylastics has to offer is not superior compared to the correctly done time immemorial Free-Weight Squat.. Anatomically, Free-Weight Squats and Deadlifts are the best exercises in terms of muscle and strength building, without these 2 core lifts, you're missing a lot in your program whether its building muscle or maximum strength.. On what I have to say, I highly recommend basic free weights if you have the time to go to the gym since they are the most superior of all training equipments however if you don't have even a single opportunity to train at a gym then Bodylastics is a great alternative which I also recommend.. In short Bodylastics is better than NOTHING.. See it for yourself man good luck..
biggrin.gif

Back