HST break due to illness

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_foto010101
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_foto010101

Hello,

This week I started with HST. I only completed one training session (15 reps). So practically I am really new to HST.

Unfortunately I got the flu which makes it impossible to continue my schedule right now.

How does a week of absence due to illness influence the HST shedule? When does one need to start again at the beginning? In my particular case it is not a problem as I just started. However, I would like to know more in case it may happen again some other time.

Please let me know,

Mike

There really isn't a set standard for that kind of situation. Common advice is to start over at the most recent mesocycle you started, i.e. the 15's, 10's, or 5's. But some don't go with standard HST, and if you were sick for an entire 2 weeks, you might want to even consider completely starting over. I think you answered your own question on this one though and simply start from the beginning when you get back.

Welcome to the boards!
cool.gif

When you are recovered, start back up where you left off.

If you were into some heavier weights, then I would advise starting back at the beginning of a mesocycle.

Thanks for your answers. I will take your advice in consideration!

I'm just wondering, are there any dangers to working out when you're sick?

cos ATM i have well i don't think it's the flu, cos it's not as strong, i guess i could call it a MILD case of the flu, just nausea, a little funny feeling in the throat, not TOO bad, but feel sick.

I was sick on Saturday too but i still did my workout, only leaving out squats/deadlifts cos i KNEW that if i did them, i would've thrown up haha. And the rest of my workout doesn't tire me out as much so i just did that and i was fairly okay.

I'm not sure what to do though, i'm at the START of my 10s today, so it'll still be well not the HEAVY heavy loads hey.

any advice? i REEEALLY don't wanna take any time off my routine haha, i just don't want to stuff it up in any way, or stop and start it.
i might change today's workout to tomorrow and hopefully i'll feel a bit better tomorrow hey.

hmmm it IS interesting though that i haven't been sick in AGES yet when i added deadlifts (alt. deads and squats on different workouts) i fell sick hahaha! meh, i'm probably just trying to blame everything else on my being sick lol ;)

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Back