HST - calculator with percentage increase ?

smartin999

hi there,

i found the hst-calculator, which has one big disadvantage:

i want to put in the increase not in WEIGHT, but in PERCANTAGE.

so i want to start with 75% of max.weights for 15 rep., then 80,85,90,95,100 !

do you know a calculator where i can do this ? maybe excel ?

<div>
(Maximuscrates @ Jan. 21 2007,08:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Excel will do it no problem!</div>
yes, i know that excel will do it
biggrin.gif

but the question was if there is an EXISTING excel-sheet i can use !

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 21 2007,10:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Try this one.</div>
thank you, bulldog !

but this one is not working. when entering values i got a error and only '####' in the rows
sad.gif

In Excel go to the tools pull down and select the &quot;Ad-Ins&quot; option.  Then check both of the &quot;Analysis Toolpak&quot; optoins and hit OK.  It should work then.

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 21 2007,10:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In Excel go to the tools pull down and select the &quot;Ad-Ins&quot; option.  Then check both of the &quot;Analysis Toolpak&quot; optoins and hit OK.  It should work then.</div>
i have done this now, but it is still not working
sad.gif

Did you check both the &quot;Analysis Toolpak&quot; and &quot;Analysis Toolpak-VBA&quot; boxes? If you did then it should be working. The only other thing that would make the #'s show up is if the columns aren't wide enough to show the entire number.

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 21 2007,11:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Did you check both the &quot;Analysis Toolpak&quot; and &quot;Analysis Toolpak-VBA&quot; boxes?  If you did then it should be working.  The only other thing that would make the #'s show up is if the columns aren't wide enough to show the entire number.</div>

yes, i have done it.

i still have #### , when i make the cells bigger there is a  #NAME?

Here's one with some variety including the Faustonian cycle.

All of them use %, to see instructions enlarge writing under one of the cycles, as it has been minimized to 25%to make it workable.

Cheers

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 21 2007,13:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hmmmm....I'm not sure what the problem would be.  Sorry.</div>
well, i will try it tomorrow in the office.....maybe it's working there
smile.gif

thank you anyway ;-)

Just been checking out your regime Fausto and there seems to be a lot of Iso work? especially in the legs......is there any particular reason?

You must be referring to the 2x/day workout. Firstly that is not a lot of iso work, simply leg extensions, leg curls and calves.

The reason why I slotted these in was to get more development into specific muscles on my legs, specifically the vastus medialis Click muscle chart here which I feel is underdeveloped.

I included some bicep and tricep work which I don't disagree with adding, but all in all there is very little iso work IMO.

On the other hand this was an experiment fro the holidays and so far it has worked fine, except that I was not very disciplined with my cardio. In fact now I may just go back to the good old Faustonian cycle.

it was the faustoian tab mwf you do classic hst then off days you do isos on your legs and arms, have I interpreted it right?.......just curious to the thinking behind it.

if any of you are using MS Excel and having problems with the spreadsheet that Bulldog posted the way that i was, here is the fix that i used to get it all working. The MROUND function that he used in the spread sheet was not working for me, so i did the following.

1. in excel go to &gt;&gt; Tools &gt;&gt; Add-Ins
2. check the &quot;Analysis ToolPasck&quot; checkbox.

Should work now...

Thanks for the sheet Bulldog...

Peace...

Yes, the Faustonian cycle is something I tried last year, and yep it did work for me!

Reasoning?

Well basically it is to give on the required &quot;space&quot; or &quot;time&quot; to do each session properly, based on the conjuncture that isos are not really necessary during full body training if we do compounds that include the muscle we are wanting to isolate.

However isolations are not a total waste of time, and spread out to the off days alone, can in fact add to the muscle building capacity they possess.

make sense? Hope so!

All in all in the name of short effective workouts.
cool.gif

Back