HST exercise selection

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_diss-e
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_diss-e

Hi,

im about to start HST, and would like to know if this selection is okay to start with. I just came of rippetoes.

Squat
Deadlift
Bench Press
Dips
Tricep Extension
Standing Military Press
Lat pull Down
Chin Ups
Icline bicep curl
Cable Crunches

I have specialized this routine/cycle on arms workouts. So are these exercises good for HST, and if not. what and why would you change it.

thnx alot!

Raj

<div>
(diss-e @ Feb. 13 2007,10:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
[Squat /Deadlift] -very similar you may want to alternate these.
[Bench Press /Dips] -ditto
Tricep Extension
Standing Military Press
[Lat pull Down /Chin Ups] -ditto
Icline bicep curl
Cable crunches

If you are only beginner or intermediate you may be able to do all these lifts in one session. If you are squatting over 300 lb.s, then you may be wiped out for deads after them. The same goes for bench/dips, lifting hard in one may affect the other. If you are strong enough to do chinups with bodyweight plus, there is no need to do pulldowns.

thnx for the reply.

So your actually saying that i should make 2 routines which i alternate every workout session.

would this be good?

WORKOUT A
Squat
[Bench Press
Tricep Extension
Standing Military Press
Lat pull Down
Icline bicep curl
Cable crunches

WORKOUT B
Deadlift
Dips
Tricep Extension
Standing Military Press
Chin Ups
Icline bicep curl
Cable crunches

raj

I'll be doing something like that on my next cycle, only on my 'A' day, I'll do one set of my 'B' lifts, and vice-a-versa. I'm not like what S. M. mentioned -- squatting 300 lbs +, but I'm not feeling the ability to do all those sets in one routine either. So, I'm trying this compromise.

Back