HST for hardgainers

Dieguz

Hello to all.

I was thinking about a HST version for hardgainers...

HDs have difficult to gain weight because of their high metabolism.
So an HST variant may be : "try to gain size in a subset of the muscles...and train to maintain the strongest"

For example :

If legs are the chosen overdeveloped bodypart :

- Squat (80% 1 or 2 times a week, 10 reps), to maintain the legs, until the end of the cycle

- other exercises (usual weight progression)

The effect should be more energies (calories+proteins) to the lagging bodyparts.

what do you think?

thank you

Dieguz

Dieguz

HST is designed for hardgainers, all you have to do is eat above BMR and follow the principles.

As TDM put it above:

Rule No. 1 - Know your HST principles (read FAQ at least)

Rule No. 2 - If in doubt apply rule No. 1

There is no seggregation of calories or protein synthesis per body part, or different absorption into different parts.

The lagging body parts should be dealt with within the same parameters but emphasized upon, here is where frequency or volume variables may be introduced to deal with such.

But when carrying out HST one performs the whole body program within the guidelines so as to induce hypertrophy.
wink.gif

If you have a high metabolism, eat more. Not exactly rocket-science.
If you think you already eat alot and can't gain enough mass, then you aren't eating enough. Eat till you puke, then wait a little while and eat some more.
cool.gif

99% of 'hard-gainers' simply don't eat enough. I should know, I was a skinny, little guy once who thought he ate alot. In retrospect I see I wasn't eating nearly enough.

Oh no, not another hardgainer thread. Not to flame, but I thought we'd all gotten rid of that word.
Buy some peanut butter, milk, nuts, whey, all the food 'concentrates'. Be glad you can eat the happy stuff!
I think there's an average time period of around 1-2 weeks for the body to get used to eating more. It's a real chore at first.

Ya I was going to say a hardgainer is someone not on steroids.

Actually you guys are right a hard gainer is someone who doesn't eat enough, or is lifting weights that aren't heavy enough to counteract RBE (a no-gainer
tounge.gif
).

No, Peak, you were right in the second statement> a hardgainer is someone who isn't on food and heavy metal.

Rock on, Garth!

Back