HST methods and Joe weiders

Temtes

Ok I have studied hst and I didnt even know it existed as hst till now, but all my training methods and strategys Are almost exactly the same as the ones you explain as hst, and I am religious to Joe weilders training ways, so I am thinkin that hst was axcedently tought already by Joe weider since hst was brought out in 2000.

whats your thoughts on this? and why that joe weider had it right all along but his flex team dont seem to reflect on his hst based training. They all seem to teach straight to shock routines, which I think is downright arrigant and slow. but thats all anyone seems to know these days.

Joe Weider? He made sense in the late 50's and early 60's. Then he became money-mad and started to create monsters based on dangerous levels of steroids and then touting their routines as good for the average person. He single-handedly did more harm than anyone else to bodybuilding. Please don't sully this board by suggesting he came up with the science behind the HST principles.

Joe is probably the one who posted the suggestion.
biggrin.gif

Don't you know Joe discovered everything about bodybuilding and weightlifting?

I'm totally clueless here, so I'll ask.

Did Joe Weider promote training with submax weights and progressively increasing loads? Did he promote some sort of "SD" to decondition after hitting a plateau?

Like Faust ol' boy, I really don't know about Weider's HST-like program.

I think you will find that Weider came up with the Principle of Muscle Confusion. So that's 'principle' as in 'fundamental truth' and 'confusion' as in 'lack of understanding'? Nuff said!
biggrin.gif

You have to keep in mind Weider claims to have developed the principal of progressive resistance also.
biggrin.gif
He puts his name on every "principal" out there. I could come up with a certain "principal" and Weider would lay claim.

<div>
(Dave_H @ Jul. 11 2006,10:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Something about Weiders stuff.

http://www.drsquat.com/articles/bodybuildingaccordingtojoe.html</div>
Some things which that article is missing:

* Joe made his start selling magazines of &quot;dubious content&quot; (use your imagination.)

* Joe used just about every bodybuilder he ever came in contact with (do some googling on his dealings with Dave Draper, heck even Arnold got the raw end at times.)

He acts like he could have been a millionaire doing anything, but truthfully he got lucky - thanks to the likes of Arnold and the growing popularity of bodybuilding.

Oh, and just for the record, Joe's &quot;principles&quot; have absolutely nothing to do with HST.  

All of his &quot;principles&quot; are based on his observations of the practices of bodybuilders.  Which is to say, very little of it is of benefit to the natural lifter.  Are you still bombing and blitzing your muscles?
biggrin.gif

Much of which could be said for his magazines too (when he still owned them.)  But at least some of the pictures are interesting...

IMHO of course.
tounge.gif

Daniel

thats totally crap !

in shortform:
Joe weider suggests split programs

joe weider:
singlefaktor theory training

hst:
dualfaktor theory training

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 10 2006,09:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think you will find that Weider came up with the Principle of Muscle Confusion. So that's 'principle' as in 'fundamental truth' and 'confusion' as in 'lack of understanding'? Nuff said!
biggrin.gif
</div>
negative, you havent studied his principles proply , he souly based his methods on exactly what hst does today.

the only difference in alot of areas is that joe weider didnt explain the proper science behind hypertrophy but he had a very spot on scientific theory of hypertrophy , in fact From what I read in his history text books, its all thanks to joe weider that hst has got to its current stage in perfection.
so in more ways then one I think you should give him a good ol salute instead of lookin at only the negatives in his training career, he probly swayed that way, because if he tried other ways he would be able to improve on the system over all, sometimes it takes huge mistakes to improve on the original product. ;)

Who cares ? HST did not just pop into Bryan's head one day. It's not a science fiction novel. Bryan got his information from studying many sources and doing extensive research. If some of that came from Weider, who cares ? No man is an island, we all get information from somewhere.

It stands to reason that 2 people in the same field as many, studying the same thing should at some time come to the same conclusions (or at least complementary conclusions). That doesnt mean one stole/borrowed/adapted the others idea, its just means that it was a natural conclusion to come to.

<div>
(NeeBone @ Jul. 12 2006,07:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It stands to reason that 2 people in the same field as many, studying the same thing should at some time come to the same conclusions (or at least complementary conclusions). That doesnt mean one stole/borrowed/adapted the others idea, its just means that it was a natural conclusion to come to.</div>
oh hell no , I wasent saying anything was stolen or borrowed or whatever, cause bodybuilding is like a open source program, theres no real rights to anyone, cause everyone improves on or with other peoples improvments consistently.

I hope that made sence lol.

dont think I was blaming anyone for something, I was just bring up a bit of history and how the first hst methods actually came about and progressed and who done it.
Thats all.

<div>
(Temtes @ Jul. 12 2006,23:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was just bring up a  bit of history and how the first hst methods actually came about and progressed and who done it.
Thats all.</div>
Weider never invented anything he didn't already steal from someone else ... And if he couldn't steal it and claim it as his own, he'd knock it instead.
tounge.gif

About the only thing similar between HST and anything Weider published is that you lift weights.

I did a Weider course when I first started training as a youngster (back in the 70s). The only thing that compares favourably with HST as it stands today is that it suggested a beginner should train full-body three times a week. The exercises suggested were OK but not ideal. The order suggested was poor (eg. curls just before bent over rows). It was also suggested that after a few months you should 'progress' to a split system and add a ton of volume.

All in all it was a far cry from HST and the science behind it. It had to be. The science wasn't known about at the time. All the other Weider principles that came about during the 70s and 80s were as a result of observing guys training with steroids. That's helpul then.

As far as I'm concerned, what the Weiders did was promote the use of steroids in bodybuilding and falsly advertise their protein products (and other stuff) as the way to get like the guys in their mags. I call that deceit.

I still have a pile of muscle and fitness mags from that time. The pics are good but most of the training advice is pap for natural trainers.

Back