HST & Plateaus

wpaxt

I am in my fourth HST cycle and have been very impressed with the whole philosphy. However, at some point one reaches max's in certain exercises. I am at that point on tri's, for example. Should I just stay at that max or change exercises?

Also, how often do you recommend changing exercises? Say for example flat bench to incline bench?

And finally one last question. I have been doing both bench & dips and I noticed that Bryan's sample workout mentions alternating them. Am I screwing up or is this okay to do?

Thanks for the info & help.

Bill

Do you mean that even with SD, you can't improve your RM's for your tricep exercises?

Hmm, I guess change it then.

Alternating exercises between cycles won't do much for your muscles (that is why we SD), so it's up to you.

Dips and Bench Press on the same day could be a bit overload, but as always it depends on how much volume it actually comes out to be.

-Colby

Hey, Colby, thanks for the response. Yeah, even with SD I am plateauing. However, I'm doing 105 lbs. RM in the 5 rep sets, which is a 20 lb. improvement over my previous max. I am 5' 8" tall & weigh 142 lbs., so the laws of physics take over as I near my weight (i.e. I don't want to launch myself from the cable machine).

I've been doing well with the same exercises, just wondered about hitting different areas, such as with incline bench vs. flat bench.

Bill

Back