HST Progress Report. Some Questions.

I

imported_donnie

I am finishing up my last week of 5s in my first ever HST cycle and am pleased with the results. Pleased to the point that I don't want to grow in size at all. I want to stay about where I am at (very little growth would be ok). So this begs the question... what do I do now?

I really would like stregthen up a bit. I feel pretty week. (5RM for bench is only 165, squat is 215 to give you a rough idea). Is it possible to gain strength without growing? Also I will probably focus on cutting throughout at least the next 6 weeks. Any ideas, recommendations, discussion?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (donnie @ April 25 2005,10:47)]I don't want to grow in size at all. I want to stay about where I am at (very little growth would be ok).

I really would like stregthen up a bit.
What!! that's blasphemy ;)

Seriously it's cool you reached your desire, but I bet you'll want more especially after a cut. You'll be back, muscle is worse than drugs, it's very addictive.

To stay the same size you could work out once or twice a week with your 5 to 8rm and eat at maintenance.

The rules of specificity say that in order to get stronger you must work out in that manner. If you want 1 rm strength, then if I were you I would look at Aaron's posts in strength specific training or if you're interested in strength endurance read some of Vicious posts (GVT, Bulgarian, even some of the DC stuff) in the customizing thread (as it's become to known) they both put up some good points on strength development.

i wish i was happy with my size! i've been lifting for 5 years and still want another 20-30 lbs of lbm!!! im addicted damnit!

Back