HST routine Question

Henry89

I'm wanting to start the HST training on Monday and had a question. Should I take the first week and get my 15, 10 & 5rm's before I start the first cycle? The only reason I'm asking is because I've been working out for awhile and have a general idea what my 15, 10 & 5rm's would be. Thanks!

<div>
(Henry89 @ Nov. 09 2006,23:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm wanting to start the HST training on Monday and had a question.  Should I take the first week and get my 15, 10 &amp; 5rm's before I start the first cycle?  The only reason I'm asking is because I've been working out for awhile and have a general idea what my 15, 10 &amp; 5rm's would be.  Thanks!</div>
I would just get right into it. That's what I did. Seems like a bad idea to max out on all that stuff for different rep schemes the week before you start. If you're off a few pounds here and there that's no big deal. Just adjust it as you go if necessary.

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was thinking but I just want to make sure I'm on track. I'm looking forward and starting the cycle/training. My current routine is boring and I'm not seeing the gains I want to see. Hopefully this HST training will do the job! Thanks!

Hey Henry89

Welcome!
biggrin.gif

Steve is correct, just get on with it if you have a pretty good idea of what your maxes are all about.

What is important is to do the SD after 8 weeks and then re-start, at least for the first few cycles.
wink.gif

agree with the guys,but the only problem with not taking an sd is
1) the 15s might feel very light
2) your first cycle might not be as productive
but just make sure you sd after 8wks good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Back