HST routine questions...

motoX

At the beginning of each of the two week circuts it feels like im doing way to little weight (if every gym day i am increasing the weight by 5 till i reach max on the final day of the 2 weeks) my muscles dont even feel tired the next day.  then i read on a diff part of the site that you muscles should feel fatigued.  So its kind of contradicting itself... so are the first couple days of each 2 week cycle supposed to be really easy?
dozingoff.gif

sleeping.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (motoX @ May 12 2005,1:48)]then i read on a diff part of the site that you muscles should feel fatigued.  
During the 15's and even into the 10's you should be able to get a good burn in the muscle itself, if the weight is too easy either use peak contraction holds, or slow down the tempo. Make it difficult but not to the point of momentary failure. The idea is to get a good burning sensation in the muscle during this phase.

In the later part of the 10's through the remainder you should feel a good tightness or even slight DOMS the next day, as if the muscle has been worked.

When working with the 5's and negs, if you do them, follow up the work set(s) with a good burn set, using drops, peak contraction or pulse reps, just go for the burn again.

Back