HST routine

bales-aus

Hi guys,

I have currently just finished the 10's of my second cycle and just needed to tell someone how much I'm loving this workout.

I've been training for just over a year now and have slowly progressed through different workouts. Starting from a basic fullbody workout, split routines and now HST. I stumbled across this site one day at work looking for a new workout as a split workout wasn't doing a great deal for me. I decided to give it a go and tried the sample HST program on the website.

Due to the fact the sample program advised of 1 exercise per muscle group including isolations I found I wasn't lifting as much I could have on my compound exercises as I was saving a bit for the iso's. Well after the first cycle and a fair few days on the forum I changed my routine and can't believe the difference.

My new HST consists of;
Squat (alt. with Deadlift) Mon - Squat Wed - Deadlift Fri - Squat
Bench Press
Lat Pull Down
Shoulder Press
Abs

As I said before I've just completed the 10's of this second cycle and I've grown in size and added 2kg.
I can't wait for the 5's now, looking forward to some more results!

- Bales

Great to hear. Make sure after the 5s that you retest your maxes and let us now how they improved as well as your size gain results. Remember - eat big!

I'm real glad and excited to have read this. I'm also going to be starting once I understand how HST works.

Thanks for sharing!

Back