HSTing DIPS

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_hangi24-7
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_hangi24-7

I only have a barbell and weights at home so I do dips by sticking 2 chairs together. I can only do about 10 dips with good form with just my bodyweight, so obviously I would have no problem with 5 reps because I can just add weight.

But how can I do dips during the 15 rep block if I can only really do 10 and I don't have a dip assist machine? Should I just do 10 anyway?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hangi24-7 @ June 07 2005,7:26)]I only have a barbell and weights at home so I do dips by sticking 2 chairs together. I can only do about 10 dips with good form with just my bodyweight, so obviously I would have no problem with 5 reps because I can just add weight.
But how can I do dips during the 15 rep block if I can only really do 10 and I don't have a dip assist machine? Should I just do 10 anyway?
You won't be able to progress load by doing this, but when doing dips, cheat by using your legs to give you a bit of a boost from the bottom position. Should allow you to bang out 15 reps. If possible, leave your feet on the floor thru the whole set as this will also lower the weight you are supporting and should allow for more reps.

Back