hybrid McRobert - HST routine

Dieguz

I used Stuart Mc Robert Hardgainer HIT routines in the past.
One of the most effective exercise to do, they say "the natural bodybuilder steroid", was the
20 reps rest-pause squat. (do one rep, rest in standing position, one rep, ...)

It is very hard to do, but i have tried it in the past, and saw it drives the grow a lot!
They say it increases the testosterone production naturally.

So, my idea is include 20 reps rest pause squat in the hst routine.
maybe in the last workout (when we are near to failure) , because it is very energy consuming...

opinions?

thank you !

Dieguz

Hmmm... insert joke here, or direct him to Max-stim?!?!?!
tounge.gif

I intend to use 10x3 for my two weeks of negatives (no spotter and great previous results on 10x3 @ 85 to 95 % 1RM) sounds similar, I'll let you know how it goes (one more week till that point).
smile.gif

The 20 reps squat is not in the maxstim style...
it is called "breathing squat"

set a weight to do 10 reps in normal style (failure)

- one rep
- rest in the standing position, WITH THE BARBELL on and NOT in the rack
- breathe
- one rep...

the last reps are very hard ... very hard and continuous breathing..

see : http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/22/6203.html

you can't polish a turd & expect it to turn into a mirror...

HIT is HIT, as HST is HST; however you can adapt TBS into a pseudo HST progression via Max-stim, or cluster. You need progression though, hitting your true 10rm at around week 6 (or later) - otherwise you'll burn out.
Take it from someone who's been there!
wink.gif

<div>
(Dieguz @ Jan. 10 2007,11:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...it drives the grow a lot!</div>
I don't know if the &quot;20 reps rest-pause squat&quot; works or not, but I now have a new favorite weightlifting catchphrase.

Squats and 20 rep squats do not elevate testosterone any more than lifting any weights any style elevates testosterone. And it does not elevate testosterone systemically.

<div>
(style @ Jan. 10 2007,16:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you can't polish a turd &amp; expect it to turn into a mirror...

lol  
biggrin.gif
</div>
That's what my wife said. Is that good?

rock.gif

Back