Hypertrophy

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 16 2006,16:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I actually like the 10's the best.  I get the best workouts from them.</div>
Colby,
how many sets do you do of each?

Haha, I love that question. When I'm on my game, I will do upwards to 5 sets. I do as much as I can without training to failure. After all, it is a workout.

Typically, for any of the phases, I will do 2-3 sets per exercise in the 1st week and 1-2 sets the 2nd week.

Guys

This is a bit of a subjective poll, as gains will vary from individual to individual some of us will respond better to higher frequencies than others.
rock.gif

As such I think it is the progression that will interfere most with hypertrophy, the frequency adding or subtracting according to the type of person we're dealing with (fast gainers vs. Slow gainers).

Colby - I am seeing quite a bit of response from the 10's myself, but then again I am experimenting with J-reps so maybe that is why.
cool.gif

Anyhoo just my views, many may not agree, but then again that is why this is such a great forum.
tounge.gif

I have only done 1 cycle. The worst week i had was the first week of 5's. second worst week was the second week of 5's.

The 10's and the 3 post 5 workouts i did probably yeilded the most for me.

So far in this cycle though i have gained 6-7 pounds and i still have my 15rm workout to go
rock.gif
I have been eating more this cycle too.

5's without a doubt. My first cycel of HST was the first time I had ever gone that low in the rep range. I learned it was something I should have tried a LONG time ago, LOL.

Since then, I have done a few higher rep weeks, and am just finishing a cycle of a 5x5 routine. The 5x5 is giving me tremendous strength gains, along with some decent mass as well. I plan on doing another cycle of HST as soon as this one is over, and a 9 day SD, and am going to extend the 5's even further.
laugh.gif

I've had the best gains during 5s and further (cluster) with the addition of some metabolic work.

Most of my gains come during the first week of 15s. It doesn't seem to make much sence, except that it is also the first week after SD. I have a feeling the growth is a result of the rest.

Back