I have a question concerning the transition from..

MobHitman

15s to 10s. Do I have to find my maxes again? After I finish the two weeks on 15s, should I find my maxes on the 10s and do those for 10s and then do the same process for 5s? Or should I approximate? Or should I find those before I start the workout plan?

Also, while I have someone's attention, how important are negatives? Should I just do another two weeks of 5s after the first two weeks of 5s, or are the negatives very important?

You find your 15RM, 10RM and 5RM in the same week, then SD for 1-2 weeks, then start your program.

And while you have my attention, there are plenty of people who don't do negs because they can't, they have no training partner. There is a lot of evidence that negs are great for strength and size increases though, so if you can do them, you'll get more benefit than just doing 2 more weeks of 5s.

SD is kind of important. If you've not been training hard up to this point, a week off may be fine. But if you've been hitting it like you should...take two.

Yeah, find all your maxes or at least estimate them before starting.

There was a guide for estimating in the original HST reading at the HST site...the far right tab at the top of the main page of the forum.

Back