I think I'm going crazy!

jvega023

Ok, I finished finding my maxes this past Monday, and I am now in SD, but man it is driving me crazy, I am getting so restless waiting to go to the gym to try this new program, that I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me?

he he he....... yes, just watch TV and see what is in the world around.... I guess everybody has the same feeling..... but you can make it useful like for instance making your SD a cutting period by jogging 6-7 times in this period being in your low-mid aerobic range and having a 500 calorie deficit daily. After this you will be ready to bulk and at the same time use heavier weight with your 10's and 5's.

Try to make the 10 days of SD plus the 2 weeks of 15's a cutting phase, during the 15's use 45 second rest between sets and you will make the workout have with cardio features, so this plus the calorie deficit will take your body fat down by 2% approx.

Also you can do crunches without weight... it will not stress your CNS.

quadancer,

are you talking about HIIT in your cardios or in your weight training ??....... anyway, I feel that HIIT always tends to stress your CNS under any circumstances more than non HIIT exercises because your brain is instructing your muscles (even during cardios) to go beyond what it is used to.... or above their known limit in order to raise the bar.... I guess this creates a load in the CNS-muscle routing and requires time to recover......

I was referring to cardio only in the SD. I know it wouldn't work for weight training with HST.
I got into a little of it because of time...and a 15 min. cardio workout is way cool with me. I HATE cardio unless it's fun! So I go skating, mostly.
So, in your opinion, too much damage to the CNS. Gotcha.

Just to add....... mmm, so, I guess that for SD it is better to take it easy.... let your CNS get to normal, your level of cortisol go down and just start jogging 3-4 days into your SD, smoothly in order to keep the fat at bay, I am now SDing because I just hit the wall and this was caused by a combination of HIITing and increasing my workouts.... perhaps (I am still pounding on it) I will resume after 4 days with a slight jog for 25-30 minutes in my min aerobic range... I don't want to give my body the hint I will stress it once more otherwise it may start producing cortisol like hell again.

if your on an sd its best to do nothing..but if you have to then walking or jogging is better..

latinblast,

How did you know when you hit the "wall"... Were your gains so noticable that after a few days of seeing no results then you knew your cycle was over? Or was it when you were no longer able to increase the weight for your exercizes?

whatever suits the individual and how you feel..good luck
biggrin.gif

I would be totally freaked out by a second week of SD - the workouts themselves sometimes feel like warmups to me! This really takes a little getting used to, and I imagine even more so for you younger guys.
rock.gif

hardnox,
good question.... I did not know until I did it, it matched with what I had read about it...... when you hit it you will know.... this is what happened to me:

1) I started to stop in my poundage increases.... all the time it was worse than the previous workout, so, actually I was going in reverse, he he he
biggrin.gif
... in fact in my last workout I felt so week that I had to go for high reps low weights

2) After being psycho and with a 100 degress weight lifting fever all of a sudden I lost interest..... I did not want to know anything about lifting weight

3) It was tough to get to sleep

4) I lost apetite

5) It was taking me a long time to recover from my workouts and also after a set.

and it is unbelievable, after 3 day rest I was feeling my batteries recharging and now I am desperate to go back again to the gym.... but I must wait until wendesday...
tounge.gif
... patient, I must be patient.... the good thing is that I designed in a worksheet my next cycle..... and jogging lightly and feel good, I am taking advantage to cut some unwanted and unwelcome fat

I forgot another good indicator.... my heart beat rate was higher than usual under the same condition all the time..... when I was jogging, something which required usually from me to be at 135 bpm I was at 155-160... I was shaking my watch all the time and then is when I realized after putting all the symptoms together that I was overtrained.

Back