I thought we were to do a higher num of reps...

javierdl

Planning your training frequency... -
A sample whole body workout might look like this:
Squats, 1-2 warm up sets and 1 work set of 6-8 reps
Leg curls, 1 work set of 6-8 reps

But what about the shown routines at the HST Notes pages?

Thanks in advance for enlighting me
smile.gif

J

<div>
(javierdl @ Oct. 03 2006,18:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A sample whole body workout might look like this:
Squats, 1-2 warm up sets and 1 work set of 6-8 reps
Leg curls, 1 work set of 6-8 reps</div>
That was an example of the need to plan your training frequency - if you did this 3x a week/full body - it would work just fine - if you keep to the principals of increasing your load each workout.

Try it and see how it turns out.

I think the risk of this would be say if you do 6 reps monday, 7 reps wednesday, 8 reps friday - increase the weight monday and progress through the reps again - you may not get the progression right for the two week block and end up working too close to your max since it would only have one weight increase in the two week training block.

Thanks for replying Vagrant
smile.gif

I sort of get what you mean. Honestly what confuses me is the fact that I first found in the HST: Notes page this:
&quot;...Repetitions will decrease every 2 weeks in the following order: 15 reps for 2 weeks Þ 10 reps for 2 weeks Þ 5 reps for 2 weeks Þ then continue with your 5 rep max for 2 weeks...&quot;

And then I found the example citing &quot;6-8&quot; reps!

I think I'll just stick with the 1st example (substracting 5 reps at a time).

J

I believe that article was written early in the formation of Bryan's principles of HST and was merely meant to show what a full body workout could look like.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I believe that article was written early in the formation of Bryan's principles of HST and was merely meant to show what a full body workout could look like.</div>
That's what I think too, stay with the 15-10-5-negatives progression scheme.

Back