I want to add a forearm exercise in...is it ok??

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_davewins
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_davewins

I want to build bigger forearms. Would it be ok to add a forearm exercise in to HST?? How would you recommend doing so?? I really want bigger forearms especially because I want to be able to hit the ball further in my softball league.

Problem is I only wrist curl like 30 lbs (barbell pre-loaded) for sets of 15. If I progressively load I will be at like 5 pounds my first week and there are obviously no 5 lb pre-loaded barbells. Same with reverse curls.....I only do like 20lbs....thanx in advance...

Dave

Normally it is not a area that we bother much about.

You can carry on with the wrist curls, there are also some grip trainers around that may help, google for grip training.

I'd say if you are doing some heavy deadlifts you'll not need this, but it is up to you!

Progress after a few workouts if you can't do it every time.

Dave,

Before I started HST I did several exercises that directly worked my forearms (wrist curls etc.). Now I am doing heavy deadlifts, rowing and chins I am finding my forearms are responding better to these than the direct work. I think holding on to the bar for heavy shrugs has helped too.

Although I use straps for the heaviest lifts I do try to do without them whenever possible.

Back