if i cannot complete 15?

shahamit

hello guys, i am new to hst, n i m in my 2nd week of 15s, in some excersices particularly in small muscle groups m not able to complete 15s especiallly in the second set.

so for my next workout for the same muscle group where i was not able to complete 15 reps in second set , i stay with the same weight or i increase ??

amit

shahamit

Welcome! :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]not able to complete 15s especiallly in the second set.

Consider this, 15's are probably best with 1 set only, however many of us do 2 sets, in that case the 1st set you rep to 15, the second one is more of a metabolic enhancer of sorts and therefore, it should be done until you slow down the rep speed considerably when that happens you stop, regardless of how many reps you've done.

You should take time to read teh HST FAQ E-book and the Pimp my HST E-books, there is a lot of highly relevant information that helps a newbie to HST understand the principles and ins and outs of this wonderful training system
happy.gif

It is not that we mind, but it gets rather repetitive and sometimes one might not feel up to it, thus not doing justice to the forum
tounge.gif

So, basic 15's and 10's are not really where growth occurs the most so the second or third sets are not absolutely requitred to be taken to the exact number of reps, in fact please avoid going to failure constantly as that will eventually hamper your growth!
wow.gif

If you want to go to failure wait till the last workout of each rep scheme, and even then go about it carefully!

Hope this helps!

Back