I'm into my second cycle!

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

My first cycle was a success, IMO. For example, bicep increased .5 inch, chest 3/4 inch...

For this cycle, I lift every day (no day off). The first routine is mostly the core/compound exercises. The second routine is arm iso's, abs, and cardio.

Incline Bench Press
Dip
Pull Ups
Bent Over Row
Squat/Dead Lift alternating each workout
Standing Military Press
Shrug
Calf Raise

The next day, I do:

DB arm curls
Skull Crushers
Rear Delt Raises
Crunch
Russian Twist
HIIT cardio/ moderate cario (Depending on energy levels)

I'm 5' 6", 152 lbs, and just started lifting in January of this year. I'm not really strong (yet) so the weights are pretty light. To accomodate this, my weights increase every two workouts, instead of every workout.

I'm eating about 300 - 400 calories over maintenance, which will increase in the 10's, and again in the 5's. I'm eating about 5 meals per day, plus a small snack or two (raw fruit or veggie.) I drink a whey and water shake pre workout, whey and milk post workout.

My general scheme is one set of 15, then 2 sets of 10, then 3 sets of 5, and 3 sets in weeks 7 and 8. Pretty bacic, I guess.

I have done 2 sets for some exercises in the 15's, since the weight is light, and my energy has been high enough to support that. I'll continue this practice as long as I can.

When this cycle is complete, I plan to go right into the madcow 5x5 training for as many weeks as I can keep it up. That means the Rows, DL, Squat, Military press will continue. Incline bench will be replaced by flat bench (unless It's OK to keep the incline?), and some of the other exercises will become the supplemental exercises that are allowed in that program.

Comments?

looks
cool.gif

There is no reason why you cant do Inclines instead of Flat Bench.

The main reason Flat Bench is there because people can usually lift the most weight with it.

Back